March 24, 2012

homemade

So I love to do stuff homemade, but please don't think I am some crazy nut who has to have everything homemade! This project came about because I saw these crackers on Pinterest, I was intrigued.  Then we had a block of cheese that nobody was going to eat so I didn't want it to go to waste and this seemed like the perfect use.

I really don't like Cheez-Its. It is not something that I go out of my way to buy at the grocery store. Every once in awhile they end up in our cupboard but always seem to go stale before the box is empty. But these crackers...oh my gosh...they were gone before we could enjoy them for multiple days. So tasty and really relatively easy. They actually taste like cheese, which means Mae didn't want them since he didn't like the cheese to start with.  The wonderful thing about these is the seasonings. You can add just about any spices you want to personalize the flavor. I had some cajun type spice blend and so added that- yum!

Homemade Cheez-Its
16 oz cheese (could really use any kind)
3/4 cup flour
4 T butter
1 T milk
salt and pepper to taste

Shred cheese in food processor. Add flour, butter, and seasonings and process until you have course crumbs. Add the milk and process until you have a ball. Turn out ball on lightly floured surface and roll into rectangle shape. Cut into small pieces with pizza cutter and add a hole with a chopstick.
Place on parchment paper and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
love the imperfections

No comments:

Post a Comment