April 10, 2012

cookie


I had mentioned these sugar cookies awhile back but never got around to posting the recipe. They are my go to recipe for sugar cookies and are just so very tasty! Surprise ingredient: sour cream.

I made them again this past weekend for Easter. The thing about this recipe is it makes tons of cookies. I used to half it but if I am going to make a big mess anyway I might as well do a full batch. I have started doing half the cookies in holiday shapes, or whatever shape I'm making them for, and cut the rest in circles. I freeze the circles and always find a use for them. And they withstand freezing wonderfully!

So last year about this time my mom found this old school bunny cookie store at a thrift store. I love it! We pulled it out and set to work.

Sugar Cookies

Cream:
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening
1 tsp vanilla
2 c sugar


Beat in 2 eggs and 1 c sour cream.


Mix in:
5 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder


Roll out and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment