April 25, 2012

kcwc day two



I actually made something for Case. I know crazy! 

So have you seen these adorable pants over on Cirque Du Bebe? She is calling them Sarouel's and I love the look. Although they seem too baby looking for Mae so I thought it was the perfect project for Case. Plus the kid is so big he has grown out of most of his pants and needs new ones anyway.

Late last night I drafted a pattern and threw these together. When I went to put them on him they were too small! I forgot to account for his huge cloth diaper bum. So this morning I added an extra piece to them and actually like how they came out. Definitely going to make another now that I have a pattern that will fit.


These pants for Mae were another new pattern, another self drafted. So I grabbed the green alligator thrifted sheet and tried these out. I like the crop look and the fit. When I tried them on him this morning for fit he wouldn't take them off. So I snapped some pictures and sent him off to school. Will make some more pants with the pattern, this time with pockets and now that I know they fit!

The pant refashion is still not done! All they need is a hem which I'm hoping to finish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment