April 8, 2012

for me



Sewing for me. I know, crazy. With all the projects I do sewing for myself is just not one of them- until now. Made by Rae is having a Spring Top Sewalong and it was just the motivation I needed to try something for myself.

The shirt I used as a pattern is a knit tee from Aritzia that I just love. If it is clean, I wear it. It is long enough for my torso, it's comfy, plus it's black. The fabric I used was a cotton/poly knit found at a thrift store in my hometown. Honestly, I strongly dislike the fabric. The color is not a tone of grey and the stripes are just a little too wide. I have the same fabric in grey- which I love but didn't want to use it because I was afraid I'd mess up. As luck would have it the shirt turned out fine and I'm wishing I used the grey.

As a first attempt at sewing for myself I'm pleased. Will I wear the shirt everyday? Probably not but I already have plans for another top and that is what excites me!


5 comments:

  1. followed over from Flickr, I loved this top so much! I think the color is perfect. I would so wear this top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top is cute! And I love the adoooooorable back-of-baby-head picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top. If you don't want it, can I have it?????? (I followed over from Rae's Spring Top Sewalong)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this top!! you did such a good job, i am too all about the black! but this color is soo cute good job otherwise send in to me in michigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you put the stripes on the diagonal. I only ever see them go around. Cute and looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete