April 18, 2012

thank you's



My birthday was back in March and it is always April before I get my thank you cards out. I wanted to make them this year because it seems much more personal. But even a homemade thank you card ends up in the recycle bin.

Around Christmas I saw these things popping up on blogs that I read as well as Pinterest. Thought this was the perfect idea for thank you cards. Who wouldn't want some candy to show up in their mail box? So last week while Mae was in school I gathered my supplies and set to work.

Here's the issue I ran into. The post office. The envelopes weren't completely flat because of the candy so I ended up paying a ridiculous rate for shipping. Gah. Oh well. I sent them anyway. Maybe a flat candy would work better? I'll have to try that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment