June 11, 2012

lemonade


I love lemonade. I think the tartness of the lemons is what gets me- yum!


When we were on vacation last month my mom had made this lemonade pie in baby canning jars. Oh my, so so tasty! So when we had people over for dinner this past weekend I made a batch real quick and it was a hit. I didn't have baby canning jars but instead used nine ounce plastic cups which actually worked out perfect for the two years who both dropped their cups. 


I only used a little more than a tablespoon of graham cracker crust in each cup and maybe four ounces of filling so ended up with 12 desserts. I wasn't sure the serving size was going to be big enough but it was perfect; too big for the two year olds to finish and just right for most the adults.

Lemonade Pie
(from Our Best Bites)
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c sugar
6 Tbls melted butter

Mix the crust ingredients together and press into the bottom of 12 plastic cups, a heaping tablespoon in each. (Don't press super hard so that it will stay partially crumbly.)

12 ounces Cool Whip
1can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 can thawed lemonade concentrate
Mix the topping ingredients together and spoon onto graham crackers crust. Freeze.

Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving. 

digging in

No comments:

Post a Comment