September 10, 2012

baby girl

I have been on the search for a girl gift for my friend's baby due next month. While in Portland over the long weekend I fell in love with this teeny white cardigan at H&M but wasn't crazy about anything they had to go with it. Instead I bought just the cardigan and had found an excuse for some girl sewing.

The pink tunic is based on The Abbey Dress Tutorial found over at Shwin & Shwin. I changed some of the finishing steps and cut it at tunic length. I also made some purple leggings that I ruched very slightly at the leg openings. I was in the process of adding elastic to the waistband but instead went with rib knit because I find it much more comfy! Used some of the purple jersey knit scraps to make a quick headband.

My favorite part of the whole thing is the teeny vintage maroon button for the tunic closure. It matched perfect with the color of the fabric.



1 comment: