December 19, 2012

advent- keeping it real

Two years later....and this advent calendar is complete and functional.

Seriously, it was two years ago when Jill over at Homemade by Jill did an advent sew along and made this calendar. I started sewing along and then Christmas 2010 came and went and mine wasn't complete. I had great intentions to get it done last year as well, but once again this didn't happen. (I wish I could say not finishing a project is a rare occasion but that would be a blatant lie. I actually have an entire bucket dedicated to 'finish me' projects. )

I switched mine up a bit, in that I used magnets to hang the ornaments, so they can easily be moved. This has also come in handy for Case, whose sole purpose in life is to destroy all things in his path. He can just swipe them all to the ground, without breaking buttons and thread.

I also decided on a bit of a different layout and am loving the rectangle tree. I am kicking myself that I didn't add some sort of built in hanger. Our walls are impossible to get anything into so was planning on using 3M strips but they aren't super sticky on fabric, especially with two little boys pulling on it.

So maybe by next year it will have a legit hanger. Or let's be realistic, 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment